Cute bag, am I right? And who couldn't put such a cute bag to good use? Come learn how to make one in our special 3-hour workshop on Saturday, Feb. 25 from 2-5 pm.
What you'll learn:
- Cables! The pattern incorporates a "coin cable" in the design, and can be knit with either one or a whole row of them.
- Crochet cast-on! This technique makes for a very pretty edge that will match your cast off edge, the parts of the bag on either side of the zipper.
- Mattress Stitch! Use of this seaming method creates an almost invisible join along the sides.
- And more! Add a zipper to that bag--it isn't as hard as you think!
What you need to know: The basics of knitting--how to cast on, knit, purl and bind off.
Class fee: $30 per person, ages 12 and up. Includes copy of pattern.
What you need to bring:
- Yarn: Worsted weight yarn, approximately 100-120 yards
- Needles: US size 5 (3.75 mm) or size needed to obtain a gauge of approximately 16 stitches and 24 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
- Plus: cable needle, yarn needle, 14 inch zipper, sewing thread to match, sewing needle, crochet hook--size G
Register by email at knitoasis at gmail dot com, by clicking the "Going" button on the Facebook event page, or by FB message by Feb. 22.